3. Use of the Site and Content—permissions and restrictions. You may only make noncommercial uses of the Site and the Content. You may access the Course Videos for your own personal use. In addition, you may download any Course Videos for which a downloading option is offered on the Site. You may not retransmit, publish, distribute, display or otherwise make available any of the Course Videos or other Content to others. In no event may you alter or modify the Course Videos or any other Content, including, without limitation, by adding any advertisement or other material or by interfering with the viewing of any Content. None of the foregoing restrictions will apply to your own User Content (as defined below).
5. Billing and Payment - You will be required to provide your PayPal, credit card and/or bank account details to SYNC and any payment service provider (the "PSP") retained by SYNC. By registering for Course Videos or other Content, you expressly authorize SYNC to direct the PSP to process any fees owed to SYNC incurred for such registration. All fees will be in accordance with the pricing set out on the Site.
7. User submissions and rules of conduct. You may be able to participate in online discussion forums and to submit or post comments, profiles, music and/or other content on the Site (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for any User Content you post or submit to the Site, and for the consequences of posting or submitting it. Except for Music Content (defined below), by posting or submitting User Content to the Site, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid, perpetual license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, perform, and otherwise make available your User Content in connection with the Site and for our broader educational purposes, including without limitation for promoting or redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any manner or media, and to authorize others to do the foregoing. By posting or submitting User Content to the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant us the foregoing rights, and that neither your User Content nor our use of it as permitted under the foregoing license will infringe or violate anyone’s rights.
You agree not to submit or post any content, or engage in any other activity in connection with the Site, that:
- Infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights, or rights of privacy or publicity
- Violates any law or regulation
- Is intentionally false or misleading
- Defames, threatens, or harasses anyone
- Is harmful, dangerous, abusive, or offensive
- Is obscene or contains pornography
- Contains or utilizes any computer virus, other malicious code, or program that may damage or interfere with the operation of any system, or may unlawfully intercept any data or personal information
- Contains or consists of advertising or any form of commercial solicitation or activity
- Otherwise interferes with the functioning of the Site or other users’ use or enjoyment of the Site
Music Content: You will have the sole and exclusive right to the copyright of any musical performances, compositions and/or masters (“Music Content”) you upload or share on the Site or via platforms used by us to deliver the Content. You represent and warrant that you are the rightful owner of the all Music Content you submit and all elements contained therein and warrant that the Music Content does not violate any law or infringe upon or violate the rights, including without limitation all copyright rights, of any individual or entity. If you are not the rightful owner then you warrant to us that you have the necessary and required permission/license from the rightful owner to re-record, edit and/or modify the master recordings and/or compositions. You agree to indemnify us and our directors, officers, agents and assignees and hold is free and harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, losses, damages or expenses, including but not limited to, reasonable legal fees and court costs, arising out of any failure or breach by you with respect to its warranties as set forth in this paragraph.
8. Disclaimer of warranties. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.”. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE AND OUR COLLABORATORS, LICENSORS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS (COLLECTIVELY, OTHER THAN PROVIDERS OF USER CONTENT, OUR “COLLABORATORS”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE AND OUR COLLABORATORS MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. WE DO NOT APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY USER CONTENT OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS. NEITHER WE NOR OUR COLLABORATORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS. WE do not guarantee or make any assurance that you will achieve any success placing music in film, television or otherwise or that you will otherwise achieve any success by purchasing or viewing the Content, the course videos or otherwise.
11. Links to other sites. Links on the Site to third-party web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. We do not approve or endorse the content of linked third-party sites, and you agree that we will have no responsibility or liability in connection with your use of any linked third-party sites.